Kobe Beef Gallery is a place where you can find true facts about Kobe Beef. Deepen your knowledge from our easy-to-understand display, watch our skilled-chefs prepare and grill Kobe Beef in front of you. Also, there is an official Kobe Beef restaurant database available.
Despite its notoriety, most people don’t know the true facts about Kobe Beef.
There are a number of panels that provide you with information about the roots of Black Haired Japanese cattle, and the definition and history of Kobe Beef.
Apart from that, we introduce some stories such as "there are no cattle which is born as Kobe Beef", "an Englishman was the first person who found Kobe Beef".
** UPDATED **
You can read the contents of the exhibition in five languages (Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese, French), by using "Pocket Curator", an app with the narration of commentary.
Official Merchant Database
In order to prepare, cook and sell Kobe Beef, it is necessary to be certified by the Kobe Beef Marketing & Distribution Promotion Association, which defines Kobe beef, for restaurants as well as butchers and farmers.
There is a restaurant in Kobe Beef Gallery where you can enjoy your Kobe Beef steak on an authentic hot plate, and watch how it's cooked by a skilled chef in front of you. Also, you can try a taste comparison between several different cuts. Please note that seats are limited, and you may have to wait because there is no reservation service.Seats：8 counter seats, 4 table seats
Opening hours：11:30 - 15:00 (last call. 14:00), 17:00～20:00 (last call. 19:00)
* Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays ( if it's on the same day as public holidays, we'll be open and closed on next day)
- No reservation service available. Please wait
- Please fill in the waiting board when the seats are full, and wait in the gallery.
- Counter seats are higher than normal and dangerous for children, so if you are traveling with infants under 3 years old, we will only provide table seats. Please note that you may have to wait a long time because there is only one table seat.
※Click for the larger images
- After 5 pm, a service charge of 5% will be charged separately.
- Extra beef is available at an additional charge. Please tell the staff.
- You can watch how it's cooked by a skilled chef in front of you.
- Prices and menus are subject to change without notice.
- All listed prices are including tax.